General

1. Enable tagging

Would be a perfect app if we could tag company employees via a tag and app share capability. Then grant and deny administration capabilities to individuals based on who is allowed to make org chart changes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the function

Need the function that one guy report to two guys

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing org charts

I would like to be able to share my org charts with another user. Is this possible? I think it would be very useful if this function isn’t currently available.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow notes to be visible in boxes

To expand on job description - Buller points even better

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Organized view

Hi, it would be great if its possible to not "stretch" the view if i would like to have the same layout for each container. For example i have some containers which are at the very far end of the chart and they do not have any subjects in them itself. So there is no reason to put them so far away, it just makes the chart very wide which is unnessary. Hope i could somehow explain what i've meant.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the idea.

OrgChart provides some layout styles to customize the layout of the selected department, would you please help to change the layout?

Philip.

6. Send to other apps and how

Hello. I trhink would be great to send Orgs to Power Point. Also, maybe it already is but, can I send a complete Folder as images to other apps or by email? So far I just could do it chart by chart even being part of the same mother folder. Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

OrgChart supports to export the selected department and its children to a image file. Would you please select a department, and then tap the “more” menu, you will find the export button?

Best Regards,

7. Stop auto capitalisation of job titles

Stop the app from capitalising any job title when you remove the department usingView options. Want job titles in same font for whole departmental tree so looks odd and is annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Headcount

Is there any way to show headcount numbers in the boxes f.e. In full view per each unit and each time you collapse a level they add up to the box shown.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add functionality to elaborate company legal structure chart

It is almost the same has an .org chart but one would need to have the shareholder % on the lines between parent and subsidiary and ideally a subsidiary could have more than 1 parent

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the idea.

OrgChart is for TREE structure only. OrgChart is designed to avoid drawing by simply to set the properties. If the organization chart is not a tree structure, the app (the computer) has no way to know how to layout the department correctly – so for non tree structure, we have to draw it using drawing app.

Best Regards,

Philip

10. Is there any way of drawing a Dotted line when a person or department has a direct line to different departments

How to make direct or dotted lines that jump outside of departments and or the structure to upper echelon?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the idea.

OrgChart is for TREE structure organization only.

(For the matrix structure organization, the computer has no way to know how to lay out the departments correctly, so the user has to manually lay out the departments – same as the drawing apps. OrgChart is designed for easy the creation of organization chart without drawing needs, it’s for tree structure only)

Best Regards,

Philip

11. Ability to move tiles

I work in EMS and have found this to be an awesome app for tracking information about the various fire and police departments as well as hospitals we work with. When I add a new organizational tile it goes to the end of the list. What about having the ability to move tiles around on the home page so that all the fire departments can be grouped together then all the hospitals, etc much like moving apps around on your iPone screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks the idea.

OrgChart supports to organize chart documents in multiple groups – please tap on a group name, you will find the menu to “Create New Group”

Also We can move the tile inner or across groups – please tap on the “i” icon of a tile, you will find related menu items

Best Regards,

OrgChart Team

12. Support for Text annotations

Please add the ability for users to add (optionally visible) text annotations to each person in org charts

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search & email function

Is it possible to incorporate a search function for entering either name, department or position?

From the details list for an individual, is it possible to “tap”on their email address and have the appropriate email app open (iOS) so they can be emailed directly from org chart?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks the idea.

The “searching” and “emailing” functionalities will be very useful IF we are using OrgChart to manage CONTACT like using a HR system. Now OrgChart is majorly focus on organization chart rendering (to help saving the efforts compare to drawing organization chart using drawing apps). There are big gap between organization chart and HR (or contact management).

We are also thinking if need to extend organization chart to be a contact management app – if so, these feature will be in.

Thanks much.

14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Corporate Logo Positioned on the charts

Is it possible to position a corporate logo on to the charts to provide a more professional finish.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Contact - Org Chart Syncronisation

If you update the Org Chart it updates your Contacts, if you update your Contacts it updates your Org Charts. Of course you can have a toggle in setup to turn on/off this feature.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better quality Export-Files

Better resolution and quality of files in regards to export and printing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add URL schemes

Add the ability to access charts with a x callback URL

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

thanks much the idea.

Would you please help to share me details about the idea, I’d like to know the purpose of it, so to find if there is a suitable solution.

Best Regards,

Philip

19. 3 ideas

1. Colours great but if you use them to represent a dept, company, etc would be great if you could put a legend on the chart so that when you print it or e-mail it the recipient can understand the coding.

2. Any chance the chart could either auto-format or allow manual formatting so that larger org structures can use space below smaller org structures so that the overall width of the chart is reduced. This would allow it to be easier to read/understand when printed.

3. Wrapping text; this is especially for job titles. I know can use large…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks the idea. Would you please help to check following my comments?

1. “… put a legend on…”
    Can you please share more details about it? I guess but am not sure if you mean to add image to the chart blocks?

2. Allow manual adjustment to reduce chart width
    A: It’s possible the app to automatically reduce the space (if there is enough space to use)
    - Manually adjusting chart position will cause many other problems, for example when changed other department, the manual work will not be valid, this will confuse the users much
    - For a large chart, to automatically reduce space, the calculating will be a big pressure for iOS device

3. Wrap text
    A: Also it’s possible, the issue is that wrapping text will make the chart block be urgly sometimes, and the layout will be not that aligned.

for your idea #2 and…

20. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks the idea.

On the outline panel (the left panel), please long press on a department and move up/down to change sequence and move across department.

Best regards,

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base